****ONLINE CRIME REPORTING TEMPORARILY SUSPENDED – PLEASE CALL 940-565-3000 (option 1)****
If this is an emergency or a crime is currently in progress, please call or text 911 immediately. If you text, please send your location and a brief description of the crime – and please, no emojis or slang.
Due to technical issues, we have suspended the use of online crime reporting while we evaluate how to better serve our community. If you would like to report a crime, please contact us at 940-565-3000 (option 1) and ask to meet with or receive a phone call from one of our officers. Speaking to an officer allows us to gather more complete information, helps us better understand your situation, and allows us to offer advice in a more timely manner.
If you are a UNT Campus Security Authority (CSA) and need to report a crime in compliance with the Clery Act, please go here: https://clery.unt.edu/report-crime
All other inquiries can be directed to the above number to figure out how to best route your call.
|Agency||Web URL||Contact Telephone Number|
|U.S. Federal Trade Commission||http://www.ftc.gov/||1-877-438-4338|
|Texas Department of Public Safety||https://www.dps.texas.gov/section/driver-license||1-940-484-6666|
- Protect your social security number and only give it out when required by law.
- No bank, auction site or other business should send you an email asking you to enter credit card information, passwords, social security numbers or other personal information. Often these fake emails will contain links to pages that look real but are not. If you suspect you are being directed to a fake site please go to the actual home web site of the company and inform them of what has happened.
- Avoid mail theft by obtaining a locked mailbox and dropping off outgoing mail at the local post office or postal mailbox.
- Do not give out your personal information or credit card number over the phone unless you initiated the call.
- Shred credit card offers and bank statements before you throw them away if you do not plan on using them.
Powered by Coplogic's Online Citizen Police Reporting