Welcome to the University of North Texas Police Department request for police services webpage. The UNT Police Department works in conjunction with multiple partners to plan, staff, and coordinate law enforcement services for special events at the University. Police officers working a special event, remain under the direct supervision and control of the University of North Texas Police Department. Please review the following Terms and Conditions prior to requesting police or security services.
Terms and Conditions:
- To allow for sufficient planning and staff coordination, requests for service should be submitted no less than 2 weeks prior to the event date. If a request is made with less than a 2-week notice, there is no guarantee that staff will be available for the event.
- A “minimum scheduling charge” of $100 for all reimbursable events is assessed. This charge will be applied toward the actual event security charges, upon final billing.
- Any cancellation should be made in a timely manner. Cancellations, received more than three (3) business days prior to the event, may be liable for the minimum scheduling charge. Cancellations received less than three (3) business days prior to the event will be charged for the greater of: 1) the contracted costs for all assigned personnel for three hours, or the minimum scheduling charge.
- Any major revision to the confirmed request, must be done by submitting another request form detailing the changes to the event. The new request form must be forwarded to the UNT Police Department no later than three (3) business days, prior to the event. Minor revisions will be addressed on a case by case basis.
- Each officer working the event will be compensated for a minimum of three (3) hours. If hours in excess of three (3) are worked, then compensation will be for the actual hours worked. After the event, actual hours to be compensated will be confirmed by the UNT Police Department, and an invoice will be sent to the requestor.
- You may initially request a specific number of officers for your event, but the UNT Police Department will determine the appropriate staffing level and subsequent officer assignment. The appropriate staffing level is determined by factors such as event history, crowd size, type of event, location, alcohol service, etc.
- If, during the course of the special event, exigent circumstances dictate the use of patrol shift personnel to substantially augment the assigned officers, additional charges may apply.
- Parking for your event is not controlled by the UNT Police Department. Parking needs or requests should be directed to UNT Transportation Services. transportation.unt.edu/special-event
- Fees for services:
|Service||Fee (Dollars per hour per officer)|
To make your request, click the link below. An Adobe Acrobat form will open in a new browser window. Fill-in all of the requested information, save the document and email it as an attachment to PDLSPECIALEVENTS@ad.unt.edu.
By completing and electronically transmitted the request for service, the requestor acknowledges understanding of the terms and conditions that apply.
If you would like to discuss your event or have any questions, please contact Captain David Owen at 940-565-3647 or by email at David.Owen@unt.edu