Emergency Readiness discusses the basics of fire alarms, weather related emergencies, medical emergencies, Campus Carry Law, active shooter response, handling disruptive persons(s), and reporting to the police department.
- The Emergency Preparedness theme is think, prepare, and act
- Learn the Do’s and Don’ts of fire alarms and evacuations.
- What you need to know about weather related emergencies
- Get information about Notifications like Eagle Alert, Admin Announcements/Emails.
- Learn the fundamentals behind the Campus Carry Law.
- Develop an understanding of the three step process when responding to an active shooter
- Discuss how to safely handle a disruptive person.
- Understand what the police department needs when reporting a suspicious person or situation