The department’s investigative services unit is led by Captain Jeremy Polk. It is staffed by detectives who have been trained to investigate the wide variety of offenses that may be reported to the UNT Police. Once an incident has been reported, the detectives provide support to the patrol officers by assisting with the collection and preservation of evidence, and interviewing any victims, witnesses, and suspects. In addition to providing this support, the detectives work to:
- Obtain and serve arrest and search warrants.
- Testify in court
- Investigate narcotic activity
- Recover and return stolen property to the rightful owner
- Conduct forensic examination of crime scenes
- Submit evidence to the crime lab
- Prepare and file prosecution reports with the Denton County District Attorney's Office.
- Collect and submit reports on crime statistics.
- Maintain records and process public information requests
- Assist other law enforcement agencies in criminal investigations.
|Phone||(940) 565 -3006 (Mon. - Fri. 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.)
(940) 565-3000 (after normal business hours)
The University of North Texas Police Department
UNT Police Fingerprinting Service
UNT Police offers fingerprinting services to UNT community members by appointment only, and we do not do INS (Immigration and Naturalization Service) fingerprints. There is a $10 charge (exact cash only, no checks or credit cards) to cover our expense. You should bring a UNT ID with you or provide proper UNT affiliation proof when scheduling your appointment. The person requesting fingerprints should contact the Investigative Services Unit at 565-3006.