The Criminal Investigations Division (CID) is commanded by Captain West Gilbreath. CID is staffed by detectives who have been trained to investigate a wide variety of offenses which may be reported to the UNT Police Department. Once an incident has been reported, the detective provides support to the patrol division by collecting and preserving evidence, interviewing any victims, witnesses, and suspects. In addition to providing this support, the detectives work to:
- Recover and return stolen property to the rightful owner
- Conduct forensic examination of crime scenes
- Evaluate, collect, and maintain evidence
- Obtain and serve arrest and search warrants.
- Testify in court
- Investigate narcotic activity
- Submit evidence to crime lab
- Prepare and file prosecution reports with the Denton County District Attorney's Office.
- Collect and submit reports on crime statistics.
- Assist other law enforcement agencies in criminal investigations.
|Phone||(940) 565 -3006 (Mon. - Fri. 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.)
(940) 565-3000 (after normal business hours)
The University of North Texas Police Department
UNT Police Fingerprinting Service
UNT Police offers fingerprinting services by appointment only, and we do not include INS (Immigration and Naturalization Service) fingerprints. There is a $10 charge (exact cash or check), to cover our expense. The person requesting fingerprints should contact Criminal Investigations at 565-3006.